Life is all about the Journey, so enjoy it!

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Officially 4 weeks!


And the journey for baby McM has begun!!

This week’s blood tests concluded that my IP’s will be parents in 8 months! Our first beta was 1,388. I was told that they like to see numbers over 50, talk about doing something 110%. Those embryos are gladiators! Beta 2 was, and is generally taken 2 days later. Doctors want to see the figures at least double and ours did just that, hcg came back at 2,809. Since our first beta was so high many are questioning if it’s twins, oh boy do I hope so!!


This feeling of being so overwhelmed with joy for someone else is amazing. I catch myself thinking about my IP’s throughout the day and can’t help but feel honored to share in their journey.

Baby McM, although still an embryo, is now 4 weeks old, turning 5 weeks on Saturday!  She’s the size of a poppy seed! Kinda makes me want a muffin...

                                              
 It’s hard to believe because I’m already feeling so tired. Although not yet visible, tiny arms and legs, called buds, are beginning to develop. These first weeks are very crucial and protein, fiber, iron and folic acid are very important. I’m a firm believer that a healthy baby starts with a healthy vessel, which means diet and exercise are very important. Nutrients are being provided through kale & quinoa salad, oatmeal w/ fresh fruit, grapefruit, broccoli, grilled chicken and… tofu. This is a new one to me and I haven’t yet mastered how to prepare it, however the protein in undeniable and therefore worth failed attempts.
Other than needing a couple extra Zzz’s I’m drinking lots of water and in turn using the restroom more than I thought possible. Other than that smooth sailing thus far J

Ultrasound has just been scheduled for the 19th @ 4pm. At that appointment we’ll be able to hear the heartbeats and find out if it’s twins!


1 comment:

  1. We're so happy to be on this journey with you! We couldn't imagine doing it any other way. the "McMom" :)

    ReplyDelete