Life is all about the Journey, so enjoy it!

Friday, January 23, 2015

29 weeks


29 weeks
The babies are now the size of butternut squash!
 Can you imagine having 2 of those things in your tummy :)
Late post... kept it comfy for this one :)
Week 28 signified increased movement and boy do i feel it!


At our last ultrasound Baby A was measuring 2.2lbs and Baby B was measuring 2.5lbs. Very healthy weights for twins J My girls too were very different in weight, they were over a pound apart, so the difference doesn’t worry me at all. One is just a little hungrier than the other. I bet one is hogging the carrot cake J

My IP’s have come for all the ultrasounds, which is what I prefer. Although this time is only 1 hour to 30 minutes it’s their time to see their babies. On the last occasion my IF’s parents came too. It was great to see them all in aww while watching their new family members. I think it’s very important for surrogates to be flexible and understand the meaning of moments like this.
 So many body parts in this picture :)
I assume that the next ultrasound will show her knees to her chin, i really feel a growth spurt!


This past weekend I had my daughters 4th birthday party, the baby shower for the buns in my oven, and a checkup appointment… Whew!

Yesterday’s doctor’s appointment~
This was a routine monthly follow up. It’s really brief and they listen to the heart beats measure my weight and urine ingredients (sorry TMI). Everything was a go. My doctor is so confident in this pregnancy it’s awesome! We have discussed and agreed that if their growth is on track we will try to induce on March 20th, @ 38 weeks. Full term for twins is 36 weeks so technically we’d be overdue. Of course we’re always open to what the doctor requests/suggests however I think that’s what we’re rolling with for now!... Only 8 weeks to go!!


The baby shower~
I’m very grateful to have met friends and family that are so very dear to my IP’s. It was a very emotional event for me, I couldn’t help but stare at my IM, who glowed the whole time from head to toe! It was an honor to meet so many positive people and see all the smiling faces there in support of the parents to be. I was truly flabbergasted when I realized people brought my daughters and I gifts and thank you cards. If you’re reading this and I didn’t get a chance to say thank you… THANK YOU!! I was really lost for words. I love and appreciate everything! Sometimes I feel like I receive more gratitude than necessary and am not always sure how to handle it. To me this journey wasn’t something I had to think hard about and the fact that the couple I’m sharing this journey with is very understanding, respectful and grateful makes it even easier. A big thank you to the sweet woman who put the baby shower together ;) the earrings are beautiful and the meaning behind them make them very special. My daughters love the toys which occupied them the whole time (good thinking), grandma instincts are already kicking in!


Last but not least they had the name reveal! I had been anticipating this moment for a while because I’m a curios cat! When they revealed the name (one has been chosen for a while) my IM said she later researched it and found out that it originated from my last name and said that it must be fate. I cried and still cry every time I think about it. I’ve always thought this was meant to be and as time goes on that thought/feeling only gets stronger.

By now everyone knows I try to involve my girls as much as possible. At the shower I had them pass out vegan cookies to the guests as well as thank you cards. The cookies came out adorable and delicious, I hope everyone enjoyed them.



My mini’s 4th Birthday~
We chose Frozen theme… which was such a blast! I bought my girls a bounce house for their birthday, I don’t think they understand the awesomeness of the gift yet J But they will this summer, since it’s a wet/dry bounce house waterslide combo! (can’t wait for the summer, mommy friends cocktails at my house while the kids run wild) We had lots of friends and family come. I love seeing everyone and their mini’s and try to make the parties as interactive as possible. We had: a surprise visit from Elsa, a face painter, star wand candy decorating station, bounce house w/slide, pizza, cake (my attempt at a castle cake), piñata, donut eating contest, photo booth!

 Some of the kiddos, all hyped up on sugar... sorry parents ;)
 Some of the decorations, including the picture wall!
 Girls decorating rice crispie treat wands with sprinkles and icing pens!


My mom girls and I... fellas in the back are helping hang the pinata!
Here's where I toot my own horn. This is a special picture not only because it has Princess Elsa in it, but also because it shows co-parenting at it's best. The woman on the right has been with my kids father for a couple years now and I'm so thankful that her and her 6 year old son came to the event. Although it's not ideal to have mommy and daddy apart we do what we can make the best out of the situation. My kids love her and I am very grateful for that! It's all for the kids, and how better to show them a display of love! We win at co-parenting!

Needless to say when Monday came around I was exhausted. My feet were so swollen I had to lay with them raised up. I pride myself on my generally skinny, veiny feet so this was a hard moment for me J It also helped bring to light that I am going to have to start slowing down. Maybe work, gym, girls gymnastics, grocery shopping and cooking dinner is too much for my heavy butt now a days. Hard to accept with my Wonder Woman attitude. Little Genevieve asked why I needed all the pillows and I told her mommy’s feet hurt, then she rubbed them for me. Gianna continued babbling and started jumping on the couch. However yesterday Gianna did help me rub oils on my belly. Little helpers, I think they’ve earned themselves a Disneyland trip when this is all over J


XOXO 
Jennifer Sibilla 

4 comments:

  1. omg, that pregnant Wonder Woman drawing is like a perfect portrait of you ^_^ and you might have to put your feet up more these last 50 days, but you are definitely, 100% still the ultimate Wonder Woman. :) :) :) I love reading about your parenting philosophy too. Not only are you growing new life, you are giving us a master class in twin parenting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I missed two wonderful celebrations! What makes events like this so special is the joy we get in planning, the festive spirit we share with others during the event, and the wonderful memories we make together that continue to exist for a lifetime. I'm sure G&G will remember their fourth birthday party with the Frozen theme for years to come ... and I'm sure JS and JM will remember the name reveal celebration forever! Thanks for sharing all the festive photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think coming to the ultrasound really made everything real for my parents. My dad has been sending me pictures of him holding random babies in Starbucks ... he's ready to be a grandpa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear KMDADDY .... I know for my parents ... their interactions with their granddaughters (J and K) were treasured, and in many ways these moments for my parents were the happiest times of their lives. I can only hope that you and your wife will provide just as many precious interactions as possible for KMDaddy's mother and father who are blessed to be living close-by. I hope that you will continue to document and to share news of those wonderful interactions with us so that the distant grandparents can enjoy, though vicariously, each precious moment too. It was indeed beautiful to see how excited and happy your dad was to hear the McMuffin's heartbeat! Thanks for capturing and multiplying the joy of that moment by sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete