Life is all about the Journey, so enjoy it!

Friday, August 22, 2014

Grow babies Grow

                                                         
First off I want to apologize for not posting sooner.  I used to stay up until 2 am and now I’m passed out by 10, oh boy do I love & need that extra sleep!

Thank you Thank you to the grandparents of lil McM’s for the Fully Belly Farm delivery!!  I have now received 2 boxes of yummy local grown organic fruits and veggies. This is an amazing new experience for me, and I have to admit a little scary at first. I had never seen eggplant shaped the way these were shaped, or green beans that color.  I love trying new things and Holy Moly are they  juicy J my kids couldn’t get enough of the cantaloupe!

My IP’s came on Tuesday for the ultrasound and confirmation of fetal heartbeat, which went great. Both heart beats were very strong, I felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulders! I couldn’t help but smile from ear to ear and tear up when they took each other’s hand as the doctor turned the monitor toward them. Their faces had this sense of shock at first then I could see the joy as their eyes got bigger. Especially when they heard the heartbeats, both were star struck. I’m very grateful to have witnessed that moment. Times like that are why I never question what & why I’ve chosen this journey.

They joined my daughters and I for dinner. I was very pleased with my attempt to cook a vegan meal. As a matter of fact I had my best friend over the next night for leftovers and he raved about it. I couldn’t tell him what was in it before he ate it because he would have never tried if he knew there was tofu and tofurky in it.

 It was great for my kids to meet the babies “Mommy and Daddy”. My thoughtful IM purchased a children’s book about surrogacy which I reread that morning, to help them understand a little. They are still too young to comprehend everything but they were excited and said they wanted to buy the mommy a Barbie cake and the daddy a Spiderman cake. They also got to meet Skeeter, aka Papa, my 4 legged companion of 6 years. He’s not very good with personal space, and even though he’s 80lbs he thinks he’s a lap dog. I’m very glad they are dog people and weren’t scared or turned off by his awesomeness.




Needless to say Week 7 was a blast! Little McM’s are the size of blueberries. This week we learned that the fetal pole and the yolk sac are 2 different things. The Yolk sac is the first to appear in a pregnancy and will later be absorbed into your body, this is not the baby. Currently the babies are still embryos and have little tadpole tails.

As of this morning I have lost my battle with morning sickness. Good thing was I had just eaten an organic peach from Fully Belly Farm so it wasn’t bad. On top of that it just confirms that lil McM’s are growing… so YAY!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for capturing the moment when you watched JM and KM hear the heartbeat. Such a powerful memory for all. Glad you like the veggie and fruit boxes. We non-vegan grandparents share with you the mystery of uncovering vegan products to serve when our daughters visit. Aunt K, who is also vegan, is visiting tomorrow and we are serving kale and mango salad, spinach and strawberries with avocado and almonds, and vegan rice ice cream with vegan donuts. Usually I have to practice what I am going to make once or twice before I am willing to take the risk to serve it to my guests.
    Ah, your daughter is beautiful. I hope to met her sister in the Week 8 update.
    Parenting twin girls is such a joy!
    Thanks again for keeping me updated. This is a new journey for me too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your dinner went well... you had me at donuts :)

      Delete
  2. This is all such an incredible gift! KM's Pop and I are excited and grateful to you and your family for sharing yourself in this wonderful way! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm very lucky to have such amazing people to go through this journey with. I truly feel like I won the lottery...If you ever have any questions, please feel free to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for this perfect write-up of such an unforgettable day. :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete