Life is all about the Journey, so enjoy it!

Friday, August 29, 2014

Week 8

Hello Hello,
Some cute dialong between my mini's and I this week:
Gen: She kissed my belly and asked "are the babies still in there?"
Me: "Yes,
they have to grow big before they can come out" Gianna: "your belly is gonna get bigger?" (as she opened her arms as wide as she could)
Me: "Yup"
Gen: "And then your going to give the babies back to their mommy and daddy so they will be happy"
Me: "Exactly"
Gen: "Good, I don't want them to be sad"
**It might not be politically correct but I found it sweet.
                                                                  Gen (L) Gia (R)
I’m very thankful to have a full time job; otherwise I think the nausea would overrule me. When Mommy and Daddy McM were here they got me these little bands to help with nausea. I have to admit I was very skeptical, but am now a full believer. I forgot to wear them twice this week and wala I got sick twice this week. They’re about $10 and can be found at a pharmacy or your local Walmart.



This week’s organic delivery was awesome! I am excited to make pico de gallo tonight with the onions. 


My kids have spent multiple days playing with/decorating their jewelry boxes from my IP’s. It was a very thoughtful gift, Thank you thank you!



They are now the size of raspberries! Fingers and toes began forming this week



Other than morning sickness and gas this week has been pretty calm baby wise.

Bring on week 9!

4 comments:

  1. is that a photo from the movie party?!?! so neat. the face makeup is so beautiful. I seriously want to wear face makeup like that, especially the sparkly stars. I would wear that. I hope the morning sickness phase of pregnancy passes quickly for you... hopefully just a couple more weeks? we are almost to the second trimester!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, from the mouths of babes (Gen and Gia), wisdom comes. How wonderful that you, Fiesty Momma, are including your lovely daughters in this journey. When I was a child (1950's), we were told that a stork brought babies. When we spotted a woman with a very large tummy, we were told that she had swallowed a watermelon seed.
    I would rather have been in the know.
    I loved the fruit metaphors you are using to help us track the growth of the McMuffins. I can't wait until you tell us that "they are now the size of small watermelons!"
    Every day I think about how kind you are to be a surrogate. That same kindness is echoed in your daughters' words. That lets me know that you are not only a fabulous surrogate, but also a fantastic Momma!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love learning about your experience. Chiming in with grandmomjam - your daughter's words are music - so loving and kind. There is no way to fully share the appreciation we feel for your gift of carrying these babes. I hope you are now feeling well on a daily basis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the size of watermelons... holy moly when that day comes (which it will) I will probably be wearing a sheet :) Thank you everyone for your kind words and thoughts!

    ReplyDelete