Life is all about the Journey, so enjoy it!

Thursday, November 6, 2014

18 week- flu while preggo


So week 18 has had a rough start. I've had the stomach flu for the past 4 days. I went to the doctors to make sure the munchkins are OK, and they are!!!

I'm not big on taking medicine however the doctor has assured me that the prescriptions she recommended wont hurt the babies. Since I've been taking the medicine I've been able to sleep for more than 25 minutes and am no longer crying in pain.



I  also got to hear the babies heartbeats, 145 &150, which are perfectly in the normal range! What a relief. The doctor then confirmed that my cervix is long and closed. (sorry if that's TMI, but with was a big sign of relief after all the cramping that came with the getting sick). The Most important thing is that we received reassurance that nothing is wrong with the growing baby girls!!

Here are some belly bump photos from Yesterday:





Side note... I have a very close group of friends, that are the most successful, supportive, outgoing group I could ask for. We had a Halloween get together this weekend and I decided to switch it up. I went as a Unicorn! Pregnant is pretty much the only time I'd ever wear full body spandex! My crew could not stop laughing.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! I don't know which was more daunting ... hearing about how you were suffering with the stomach flu or thinking about how my friends and family would have reacted if I wore a full body spandex to a Halloween party. (I'm sure it would not have looked so charming on me!) You are certainly some brave woman! Hope this coming week you are feeling much better. I'm told that if you rub a unicorn's horn and make a wish ... it will be granted!

    ReplyDelete