Life is all about the Journey, so enjoy it!

Friday, November 14, 2014

Week 19... Check!

Here's a picture of the 18 week board, that I forgot to post last week :(


We had the 20 week check up today and everything is great! (20 weeks officially starts Saturday)

It was a very quick appointment (which is good) and I was told the babies growth and my growth are right on track. This week they have grown to the size of Mangos. Fingerprints formed last week. This week one of the things is "your baby will start developing more brown fat around the neck"... I think i was stuck in this phase a little longer than most. The little babies can now dream... holy moly how time is flying!



Bump photo from the exam room today:



Ultrasound photos! My daughters and i went to get a "recreational" ultrasound for a surprise i have planned. Here are photos from the babies 11/8/2014:

Here are the girls together. I can't quiet remember how they are configured but you can see both their heads!

Here's baby A! I was finally able to figure out baby A is the baby closer to the "exit" and will be the one coming out first.

Here's a good profile of baby B



I also received, signed and sent of the Pre-Birth Order this week, YAYA!! SO happy with how everything is coming together.




Week 19 Belly bump photos:
I feel pretty big already. I even had a woman ask me "Are you about to pop?", I thought,  "yeah, you right in the eye for making a rude comment like that"... but i just smiled and said "No, I'm growing twins."
Here's a pic from earlier in the week... this used to be a dress hehe


No need to worry about nutrients!!
With my health back to normal lil McM's are eating well this week.
* I have to have small servings but eat more often otherwise it's just too uncomfortable.

*Weekly serving of fish, (baked with dijon mustard, brown sugar, garlic and honey), rice and Brussel sprouts. (there were more but i ate them first)



Squash, lots of squash! These had piled up over the last 3 weeks of fresh produce delivery so i finally did a mass squash sesh and baked a bunch. Some seasoned with brown sugar, others with black pepper and garlic.

Sauteed carrots. My kids loved these too, a simple side made with EVOO, pepper and a pinch of basil.


Stuffed Peppers, one of my favs! Ground Turkey, kale, onion, mushroom, corn, eggplant and cilantro!


I nope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

XOXO Jenn


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the double updates this week. Glad you are feeling better. I didn't find out that I was carrying twins until one week before the babies were delivered. I kept being told I was extra large. Doctor thought I had my date of conception wrong. I knew I was right about that date, but I didn't know why I was so large. I used to feel two large bumps in my tummy. I always thought it was the head and the rump of the one and only child I was carrying.
    I taught eighth grade English in a public school in Philadelphia until one week before my twins were born. I think the most embarrassing moment with my extra large stomach was when I was roaming the classroom and looking over the shoulders of my students as they worked in their seats on a written assignment. I remember one of my eighth grade male students turning his head around to look at me, as I stood behind him scanning his answers. He was stunned, as well as I was, when he whammed his head into my extra large tummy. I wonder if he remembers that embarrassing moment as well I as do.
    I sure wished we had those monthly ultrasounds so I could have known what I was carrying.
    IP mom was my Baby B. My Baby A arrived first - head first. Baby B came second - rump first.
    Well, this Thanksgiving, Fiesty Momma will certainly be the center of all our holiday table chatter and Thanksgiving prayers. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL THE UPDATES!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the delayed response! That's crazy not knowing you're having twins until the last minute. It's so crazy to think how far technology has come in 30 years. Gotta love science!

      Delete
  2. I don't know what you do for a living but whatever it is it should include running a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, thank you! I'm actually a Financial Program Manager completely unrelated to food, which is probably why I enjoy cooking at home so much! Although during the holidays I sure do feel like I run a restaurant.

    ReplyDelete